About Me

My photo
"Be creative, and write. Record your ideas now, before you forget them forever." My blog, at blogforjoy.blogspot.com, is the perfect representation of who I really am. I let all my creativity flow, let all my happiness show. I believe no one will truly like who I am on the outside, so I let out everything I have on the inside. I am an aspiring writer, but I love to draw, play the piano, do photography, and several other hobbies, all of which you will find at Blog for Joy. If you are interested in joining this site, you will find me contact info there. Follow me, and I'll follow you back!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Poem: Hurt

It is human to feel pain.
It is not humane for someone to hurt you.
Here, does not the tear sound so loud when falling on your pillow,
Loud as a rain drop thousands of feet up?
And your throat aches, as unpleasant
As the smell of ozone.
I try to be perfect but she only criticizes.
I came to your doorstep expecting comfort,
Finding only black cobblestones you tried to bleach
And a dead cat impaled by a telephone pole,
Stiff and silent.
I try to remember that night.
There were stars above the city.
Birdsong within a thunder storm.
You want to experience my pain,
Wanting excitement.
You do not know it will only make your hollow heart emptier.
You only see the poppies blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers